Sunday, December 28, 2008

How to Scare a Guy Away

I had a guy from one of these social networking sites send me a message and ask me if I was "naughty or nice this year?" I got the impression he hoped I would say I was being naughty.

Here was my reply...

I've become a more, I suppose you could say, philosophical person. So...
I was a person who pondered my thoughts and actions. Where my thoughts and actions caused me to feel bad (also known as "being naughty") I noticed that I was not living in truth. And I could find a way to stop such thoughts and such actions. And doing that was very nice, for me and others. So even when I was being "naughty" I used it as a springboard to make it into something nice. And I looked into what are the lessons to be learned from everything, even the bad things I've done, to see the "blessing" in everything. So everything bad becomes good.

Hmm...the guy hasn't written me back. What a surprise. With a response like that he probably went and ran far away from his computer to get far from me, even if he was hoping for me to respond that I was nice.

So I guess Santa made a check mark against me on the "was naughty" list, not so much for what I said (because it is true, I have been trying to do just that), but because I got a sort of mischievously devious kick out of doing it. :)

2 comments:

Kimmy December 29, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Girl, you are so rad! I guarantee that he got humbled really quick. With a response like that...it would take a really hard heart to not make you stop and think...even for a moment.

You are the best writer! I can't wait to read your future books/columns...and other things. :)

Sharon December 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Thanks, Kimmy. :)

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP