Thursday, November 6, 2008

Open Source Sewing

I just found the coolest website. I've heard of open source software, and I know the idea of other things being made "open source" but it had never occurred to me to make open source sewing projects. But that's just what this site http://www.burdastyle.com is. Since I've been getting back into sewing (I still haven't done much sewing yet, but the sincere desire to sew is there...something that frankly startles me to find myself interested in sewing), this is a great find.

I've found an eye mask pattern...I've been searching for something like this for a long time! Yay! At a quick glance it apparently it lacks good instructions though. Still, it's a start.

I also found a hand warmers pattern (aka fingerless gloves), which is great since I have poor circulation at at times which leaves my hands freezing even if the rest of me feels just fine. I've done a couple of these in the past that were basically just a tube shape with a hole in the side for the thumb, but this is a better pattern, as it actually has a section for the thumb instead of just a slit in the side.

I also like this simple top and bottoms for nightwear, which the top could easily be used as a tank top/camisole for day wear as well. Even though this is supposed to be an easy project, for me when I start thinking of making anything that's clothing like shirts, dresses, etc, I start telling myself it's really hard and I can't do it. So here's an opportunity to work on some negative thinking again. And back in junior high school for my sewing class I had to make a nightgown, and it turned out just fine...so there's proof that I shouldn't worry so much.

And even though it's of a slightly higher level of difficulty I like this "Azalea" dress. So if I become ambitious enough and brave enough I might try it too.

0 comments:

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP