Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day Transformations

So today one of my sister's and I continued the theme of New Year's day being one of change by playing a unique board game called The Transformation Game. This is a game that helps you gain insight, solve problems, reflect, and so on. You start the game by choosing an issue in your life that you want to focus on, whether it be relationships, finances, your spiritual growth, etc. This becomes your "playing focus." And as you play you draw cards that may say various things and you ponder how it may relate to your playing focus.

I was really sleepy, so I didn't get as much from it today as I have from other times. But still I received some insight as I pondered over things. It's a fun way to look at your troubles as it puts it into a game format, so they don't seem quite so intimidating as they otherwise might. And it's really interesting what associations your mind can come up with when faced with some words a card drawn at random gives you. It's a creative process that unblocks you from the stuck thinking you've been in.

I believe there are actually "life coaches" out there who use this game as a tool to help their clients achieve their goals.

We also ate pizza and more Hagen Daz ice cream and cherry limeade soda. I think I consumed more sugar yesterday and today than I did at Christmas.

Anyway, it's been a good start to a New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous January 3, 2009 at 4:37 AM  

Happy New Year ...Dance Into the Light...

awareness January 7, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

I'm intrigued by this game. I've never heard of it before....and I could use it in my work I think. thanks...will seek it out.

ps. I found your blog because i had a "google alert" on for posts about John O'Donahue. Because of the quote you used (which I love btw) in your latest post, your beautiful blog appeared on my screen!

have a wonderful day.

Sharon January 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

You can get the Transformation Game from www.amazon.com I got mine from eBay. And the official website for it in the USA (and Canada I think too) is www.innerlinks.com

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP