Monday, January 12, 2009

She's creepy...really creepy...but cute stuff follows...

I bet you didn't ever suspect that I have been keeping a body without arms and legs stuffed in a black plastic bag hidden away in a storage unit. Okay, so the body is just a mannequin. But a pretty creepy mannequin at that.

This may have been a better post for Halloween. But I brought the body out for the first time in over a year so I can take some pics of clothing items to sale on etsy.com.

I found this mannequin a few years about for $7.50 (I remember because the price tag is still on the back of her head) at the Catholic Thrift Store in town. She's not in the best condition. And her head had been painted white. And someone had also painted make-up and eyes on her with things like finger nail polish. So she was very garish and even more creepy than she is now. Well she looks most creepy when in the garbage bag. So maybe she wasn't as creepy back then.

I got her so I could use her to sell clothing on eBay (which I've only done a few times). Someday I plan to paint her, or maybe decoupage her with something like old dictionary pages (she'd be a smart mannequin then)...but I'll wait until warmer weather to do that.

In the meantime, I'll dress her up in pretty, floral skirts that remind me of spring.

If I put a shirt on her it hides the skirt that I'm trying to photograph, but being a little prudish I couldn't leave her top half naked, so I put one of my old bras on her (she fills it out better than I do). But I'm not being so prudish that I'm being embarrassed to show my bra to everyone on the internet here on a mannequin. Go figure. (Will future employers find this someday and hold it against me?)

So these are some pillowcase skirts I made that I just listed at my etsy shop. The pictures are terrible, but they're better than the first ones I took (the macro was turned on so the first were blurry).

My favorite shown here is the one with the little blue flowers. I'll be listing one more pillowcase skirt tomorrow (which is the prettiest one, pink, romantic, and girly it is). And also I will be listing a couple vintage things I have that I've decided to let go of (a quaint empire waisted dress and a sexy nighty).

Well, wish me luck that these will sell.

0 comments:

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP