Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These...

When I feel blue, looking at something such as these fabric bolts that I took a picture of from a local store gives me a sense of serenity. I'll browse through blogs, online stores, or home decor magazines for pictures that evoke the same feeling that these do for me. The light pinks and blues, the florals, the toiles...all evoke a tender, sweet, longing, yearning inside me that is somehow comforting.

It makes me feel somewhat like I imagine it would be to float in the clouds and sky. Angelic maybe. All I know it I look at such things and feel peaceful and pure and sweet.
These colors and patterns of stripes and florals, this is heaven to me.

This makes me feel that I am somewhere close to my "house of belonging." The house of belonging is a Celtic metaphor for the body of the soul, or "the deep peace and feeling of safety, joy and contentment found in intimate connections with people, places, and houses." (quoted from Sarah Ban Breathnach.)

Poet John O'Donahue says, "When you learn to love and let yourself be loved, you come home to the hearth of your own spirit. You are warm and sheltered. You are completely at one in the house of your own longing and belonging."

I guess these things are reminders to me, calling me to remember to come home to the house of my own longing and belonging.

1 comments:

Kimmy January 7, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

I always love reading your blog. Your so inspiring!

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP