Saturday, October 25, 2008

oh, sheep!

Once again I forgot to check the Cedar City calendar. This place is always full events that I forget about. Such as parades. Which because I forget about them I don't realize I need to leave for work early so I can deal with traffic issues...And not be late as a result.

Today I at least thankfully left five minutes early. Otherwise I would have been held back by over a thousand of sheep plodding along Main Street for probably 20 minutes or more. As it was I just barely missed being surrounded by them.

I was driving along and was startled to see the flashing lights of police vehicles and wondered what was going on. As I got closer I exclaimed, "Oh, sheep!" as I remembered it's the annual Livestock and Heritage Festival. Thankfully I was able to turn on a street to the just right in front of the slowly oncoming cop cars and...sheep. As it was I then had to deal with other vehicles trying to avoid the sheep and was five to ten minutes late. But at least it wasn't the twenty to thirty minutes late it could have been as I watched the multitude of white fluffy creatures move on by. :)

Photo: Watje11

0 comments:

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP