Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yesterday Was T-shirts

So yesterday I daydreamed about...t-shirts. Designing t-shirts. I have a couple designs on www.cafepress.com that I did many, many years ago. I shan't show them to you because they're terrible...but I leave them up on cafepress because every now and then they sell.

In the past year I've been learning to use an image editing program called The GIMP which is like PhotoShop, but it's under a general public license, which means it's Free. And I've been getting so I'm decent at using it and becoming more creative with it. So I'm thinking, why not make some new designs that are better than my old ones for cafepress or any one of those other businesses like it out there.

So I spent much of the day reading up on t-shirts, image editing programs like Gimp and Inkscape (another free program that I downloaded today), learning about vector art, and downloading brushes and fonts and such. I even joined an online forum that's all about t-shirts. Yup. Another day where I got really useful stuff done (yeah right). But at least I expanded my horizons a bit more and had fun with it.

I'm not sure if by tomorrow I will have forgotten all about the t-shirts or not. Well, I won't forget completely...rather thoughts about it may be misplaced for a week or more. And in the meantime I'll find some other thing to occupy my mind and hands.

0 comments:

Flores e Flowers

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP